Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 PM
OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
You were asking about suggested changes to the form you sent. I personally love it, but a column for "notes" might be helpful.
It's an Excel spreadsheet, can't you just modify it to your needs? We won't send it back.
I do not work with Excel, which likely explains why I had no idea how to "mail merge" the addresses onto labels, so I wouldn't even make an attempt to mess with someone else's chart. I am working with what I have, but thought it might be helpful to someone else (besides me) to have it already set up this way.

I look at it this way: we're all in a different place with a variety of skills. I'm pretty adept at MS Word, Powerpoint, and Publisher, but not Excel. Someone else may have that skill, but I don't. But I'm probably a more skilled sewer or quilter than someone else, too. My goal in this suggestion was to make it easier for someone to use the chart without having to turn cartwheels. Isn't that what we're all here to do? Not trying to chew off a head here, but just explain. Sorry if I'm sounding witchy today.
Not witchy at all! I assume (and we all know what happens when one assumes...) that everyone has Excel because I do. Next go round I will ask people to also let me know if they have word or excel and I will send to them in whichever format they need :-)

I appreciate the input Joyce and I will make sure to add it for the next time as well.

Let's all just have fun and enjoy this swap-I know I am :-)

I received only one F8 today but it was a great one and in it was a surprise for my Izzy. Thank you so much Joyce-sht just loved the pretty sunflowers-they look like the ones we grew this year she said.
You are very thoughtful and kind to send her fabric. She wanted to know if you would like a block with it?
Hugs
April
April,

If Izzy would like to make me a block with the sunflower fabric, she certainly can. Far be it from me to squelch a budding quilter's creativity. But if she would prefer to keep it for another project, that is certainly okay, too. I'd like for her to do whatever she wants to with it and enjoy it. Whatever she decides is "right", well, that's what it was meant for! Glad she likes it!