Old 06-04-2015, 10:16 AM
HouseDragon

Originally Posted by dc989 View Post
DH loved HQ chain saws and log equipment, so he always thought a HQ sewing machine was A-Okay. Never had one, but several friends did and they never seemed to have problems with them.

Re. the comment on her husband making the purchase, my DH and I always consult on big purchases. It saves us both from making costly impulse purchases which may not be wise. Also a good excuse to use on pushy sales people. LOL Besides he's my best friend, is smart and has good advise and also is always excited for me to get something I love. We make a good team.
Bwa ha ha ha! I use that as an excuse to get away from pushy sales people, too! My DH hates to shop, so I do the legwork for expensive purchases (over $1000): by the time I've made my decision, he usually just says "Buy it!" (did I mention he hates to shop? ).

We make a good team, too!

I have a Husqvarna Sapphire 875Q which I dearly love. I've considered an embroidery machine a couple of times when they were on sale but really can't justify the cost.

Callen, enjoy your new toy. I've seen some absolutely beautiful quilts with embroidery.