View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 07:17 AM
onaemtnest

I have a Rowenta that I've had at least 15+ years, I use it as a dry iron as it started to leak after a few years, for me I like it's weight.

I decided I didn't want to spend a lot of money on irons anymore so I go with the philosophy irons have a planned obsolescence so it's inexpensive irons for me. I purchased a Shark from Wal Mart in the $30 range 3 years ago and it's still working with no leaking. That for me makes it well worth the price paid. I bought another Shark (same model) for back-up thinking I would need it sooner than later but this inexpensive Shark keeps on working.

I watch MSQ tutorials every Friday, on thing I've noticed is that Jenny has used the Oliso for quite some time. I've noticed that over time she has used several different colors. I've wondered if it was marketing or if they were wearing out and not working properly?

I just can't justify at this time in my life spending more than $50 for an iron when it seems that
ALL irons seem to have mixed reviews, here on this forum group and places like Amazon.