View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Betty J

I just found this thread and I am amazed at how many members have an embroidery machine. My husband bought me my first embroidery machine, a Janome MC9000 in 1996 as a 30th wedding anniversary present and five years later on our 35th anniversary he bought me a Janome MC10000 which became upgraded to a MC10001. These were wonderful machines and I got a lot of pleasure from all the embroidery that I did on them. These machines have been passed on to my daughter and daughter in law and I replaced them with a Brother Quattro Innovis 6000D and a six needle Brother PR620. I still have these wonderful machines and last year my husband bought me the new Janome MC15000 which I love very much. I am very fortunate that I am able to have these machines all that goes with them. As most of you would know the machine is only the beginning, then comes the expense of threads, needles, stabilizer, bobbin fill, designs, software , the servicing of the machines and so on. It is a very large hole to fill. Friends have asked my advice on purchasing an embroidery machine and the advice I give them is to remember that the machine is only the beginning of the first money you will spend and possibly the machine is the cheapest part. However, it is a wonderful hobby and pastime and one can create all manner of wonderful items on these machines and if you feel inclined you can also earn a little to help support your machine embroidery habit.
There is a range of wonderful embroidery software available, I have the Buzz tools programs and also Embrilliance (which I still have to master). I think I have become too comfortable with the Buzz tools programs. There are also millions of great embroidery designs out there digitized by wonderful and talented digitizers. Embroidery Library is certainly one which I have been with since their beginning and also Secrets of Machine Embroidery is a wonderful site where they have a lot of digitizers designs for sale.

Thank you Crafty Bear for starting this thread, I am trying to wade my way through all the posts.