Old 06-13-2015, 06:36 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
There are "handicap needles" that have a slit in the side. So all you have to do is slide the thread down the side, and it goes into the eye. The Schmetz handicap needles will work in your machine.
I have some of these. They really work great for "burying" threads after FMQ. Put the needle in where you want it to go into your quilt. Slip the threads into the needle just before it disappears into the quilt. The thread ends can be as short as an inch and you can still do this.

QUOTE: I was told in a class once to wet the sewing machine needle, not the thread. So I lick my thumb and pointer finger, slide them over the needle, and then thread it. I do have an automatic threader on my machine, but sometimes it gets bent and won't work. Then I lick my fingers. -- from juliea9967

Blind people sew. And they need to know how to thread the sewing machine needle themselves. I found a needle threader for blind people at the health fair that is held at our church every year. The county health department runs it. I bought a threader for me and another for my son-in-law who sews. He hated threading the needle of the machine.