Old 06-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by surelyujest71 View Post

One of the main things that brought me to this forum was a search to discover just when my machine was made.all I can tell is that it's a Japanese made machine; I already knew that!
This being my first (official?) post to introduce myself... my machine.... umm... so, anyway, this'll be the first "official" pic of my machine on here. The other one we can consider a product of enthusiasm.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]523588[/ATTACH]
New to the forum, but I've been immersed in all of your machines for days, now. Hello, everyone!
Hello and Welcome! We can't tell you too much about your machine, as there just aren't any records of Japanese machines to search like there are with other manufacturers. So the serial number is useless basically. Just by features, I'd guess mid-late 1950s to early 1960s. By the mid 1960s most bobbin winders were on the top of machines and most had larger upper tension knobs. Most levers had gone to knobs by this time also. For cleaning what I do with a colored machine like this is first go over it with baby wipes to get the dirt off, then I use TR3 Resin Glaze available at auto parts stores. It does a great job of cleaning what the baby wipes don't get and polishing/protecting the machine.

Cari