Thread: Selling on Etsy
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 12:14 PM
charmpacksplus

I sell on Etsy, too. (ID: charmpacks) It's not that hard to do. Just read the section on their website about selling. Try listing one item just to get the hang of it. You can revise the listing if you need to. The key to selling on Etsy is to have a lot of different items listed and if they don't sell within a week or two, delete and relist. Etsy's default viewing is by newly listed items so if you're in a category with a lot of other sellers your items will be on page 100 within a week or two. It only cost .20 per item to list for 4 months plus a percentage of the sales price. I think it's 3.5%. Research what sellers in the same category are using for tags (keywords) right under the description.

Ebay veiwing is opposite of Etsy by default. Most people will search by items ending soonest so if you list for 30 days it's best to wait it out. Ebay listing fees are higher than Etsy and the fee depends on the asking price. The higher the price, the higher the fee. The selling fee is also higher - 12% - but they have a lot more shoppers than Etsy.

I hope that helps!