View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 07:24 PM
PeginCO

What fun to catch up and see pretty quilts, hear about travels, and learn about others' adventures. I am just back from a 10-day vacation (4 travel days) from Colorado, through Kansas, and then to my Dad's farm in MO. I took my middle three children with me, and we had a wonderful time! Highlights were:
* listening to audio books (including "Ella Enchanted" read in a sweet young girl voice and "The Wolves of Willoughby Chase" read with British accent)
* stopping by MANY quilt stores along I-70 and down I-49 for Row by Row directions and license plates
* visiting Fantastic Caverns near Springfield, MO (great tour!)
* touring George Washington Carver National Monument (just off I-44 near Diamond, MO - also great tour!)
* glow-golfing (think black light mini-golf with lots of glowing neon - kids loved it)
* going to my hometown's annual Harvest Days festival...where two of my kids won cakes at the cake walk!
* seeing the amazing quilts at the Harvest Days quilt show
* making fabric yo-yos under the shade of a huge maple tree while the kids caught frogs and fire flies and chased "wild" kitty cats.
and much much more. Memorable trip...thanks for letting me share. Here are some pix:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525653[/ATTACH]
Our giant maple
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525656[/ATTACH]
GW Carver tour
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525658[/ATTACH]
Harvest Days Quilt show
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by PeginCO; 07-19-2015 at 07:27 PM.