View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 09:10 AM
sbrown04

Originally Posted by gillyo View Post
I'm new to this site and am so glad I found it!

I started quilting many years ago and for a while was very actively competing, blogging, and generally really involved in all aspects of quilting.

A few years ago my father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and I found myself having to give up a lot of stuff in order to be available for my parents. I didn't mind and would do it again in a heartbeat, but now that he's passed away, (last November), and my mom seems to be doing well and doesn't need me as much as she did, I'm trying to get back into quilting.

I'm fortunate because I have a stash of great fabric, a patient husband who doesn't mind me spending money on materials, and a son who's a senior in high school and pretty much takes care of himself. So, here I am, I have the time and the materials, but I'm having a hard time getting going again.

Does anyone out there have any advice for me? I really want to get my quilting mojo back!
So sorry about your Dad. It sounds like you are a good daughter and you'll never regret spending time with your parents, especially when one of them is ill. My advice would be to start planning a special quilt for your son's high school graduation...maybe a tee-shirt quilt. He's probably got plenty of tee shirts he could donate "to the cause." I find I am more inspired when I am making a quilt for a family member or friend. Good luck to ya and love your name...From one Susan to another :-0)