View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 04:59 AM
Elisabrat

No kidding! it is hot here and I take my naps with the fan 3 feet away from me. Its never cool enough. ok last night at 3 a.m. it was cool enough to pull a slight blanket over me. that qualifies as cool enough lol. I have my row done and need the kids who are in town to take a photo for me so I can share my hats and the matching design on the two rows. then its just waiting for my fabrics to arrive to cut my blocks praying the designs are perfect sized to cut and place on the quilt side blocks then it should in theory go rather fast. (in theory I am good at theory's) I wanted to share with you a story of a funny package I received the other day. I opened the mail yesterday and there was this mail from "Dorothy...) and I thought who the heck is THAT? and what did I buy? (LOL) and I pondered a minute or two then just opened it. Inside was this package of.. COCKTAIL Napkpins. Ok odd but what the heck? and on the front is printed Dinner is Served and a martini glass .. ok what the heck. I pulled out that envelope again, I looked inside the package no note.. odd as heck. THEN and only then as I sat stumped as all heck clueless and laughing why someone would send that to ME when I flipped it over and said saw your quilt and thought you would like these. MY COCKTAILS on the quilt here I was doing .. DUH. it was signed Dotty. Then it all clicked in and I was really laughing then because I #1 got it and #2 realized whom it was from and the great sense of artistic humor that came with it. It made 100 percent sense then. I shared the same story with the kids when they arrived yesterday and they got a good laugh at it too. I will get a lot of laughs out of that napkin fiasco which I adore. thank you Dotty!