View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 02:04 PM
JoyjoyMarie

I currently have a scrapbook type portfolio of quilts. When I made quilts in the 70s for my friends who were having babies, I didn't have the common sense to photograph my work, so when I began again, now in my "mature"years, I decided to keep a sort of portfolio of my quilts. One reason is that I am so curious about my grandmothers quilts, and I have no records or knowledge of what was going on with them and their quilting, and I would so like to know about them (TOO LATE!!) So for myself, I started a 3 ring binder with family quilts in it. The first section is photos of older quilts from family, and then the main section is detail of my quiltmaking. I'm not too technical about it - but I try to make sure there is a record of the pertinent personal things - who got the quilt, what was the reason,- as well as technical details and fabric scraps if appropriate. Most all of my quilts go out the door as gifts, so I like to keep photos of the quilts and recipients to remember what I have accomplished. I'll toss in the thank you notes too, (
if they should arrive.) I stop to look at it once in a while, and I hope my daughter, son, or grandchildren will enjoy it someday when I'm done and gone!