View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 05:36 AM
barbarakibler23

Hi ladies

Hope all is well...I am off on my family reunion, it was a blast last year. There were 44 people there last year for the first reunion. Only 33 this year. (does that mean 9 did not have a good time ) My dad was there last year and as far as I am concerned he is the only one with a good excuse not to be there. (passed away in January) He will be missed at the reunion.
We all share a very large cabin that has 8 bedrooms and large social area and a large kitchen. Each bedroom has a bathroom and sleeps up to 10! It is a lot of togetherness but it is fun.
The resort (I usually very loosely here) has a lake, lots of paddleboats, kayaks, canoes, body boards and pretty much anything else you can use on a non motor lake.
They also have paintball and zip line, frisbee golf and a hayride.
Each family is in charge of a meal so we only cook once all weekend.
I leave today (thursday) and come back exhausted on Sunday.

oh and no internet..(yeah)

and we play games all evening long to the wee hours of the morning. I grew up playing games so this is the highlight for me. We play CONTACT SOLITAIRE. It consists of 8 people 8 decks of cards and a lot of moving around the table. very noisy and lots of fun! We made it up as family and someday we should video tape it for youtube.

I will check in either Sunday or Monday....have a good weekend.