View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 10:21 AM
caspharm

I love my Janome 8900. I bought it after owning a Viking Designer 1 and a Pfaff. It has a bigger harp and seems happier to sew through some of the heavier materials compared to the D1 and the Pfaff, which actually balked at sewing through too many layers. The dealer I bought it from actually sewed through a 1/4" piece of leather, which I liked because I have to repair some of my DH's things which are also thick.

For classes, I have a FW and am considering one of the Janome Gems to use in a class if it requires fancier stitches than a straight stitch.

The price was also reasonable. I looked at Berninas at a dealer in town and while they are nice, they were pricier than what I could and would spend, and still didn't have things I wanted without having to pay for extra feet.

I did do research before I bought my Janome and tried it before I bought. I definitely recommend doing all your research and testing to see what feels best for you. It is also nice to have a dealer close by, if necessary. Also, ask if there is a floor model/demo available for sale. That will save you money. That's what I bought and the dealer even threw in some extras, like bobbins and a double thread holder.

Last edited by caspharm; 08-07-2015 at 10:23 AM.