View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by Crankyfuzz View Post
Cari I seen this machine and 2 others at a yard sale a few months ago one was a plastic brother machine which I cleaned up and passed along to a teen I know. Was an old singer in the bunch and This one in a nearly black plastic case filthy I finally have it cleaned up and oiled and yes boy is it heavy. So am i missing a cam assembly or do I have all the parts and just put the cams in there? That I am slightly confused about another machine I have had in the past (that is long lost) you had to do a certain adjustment then use the cams.

I need to clarify something. The cams you have won't work, the cams that Joe showed a pic of will work. They come up on Ebay a lot, if you're patient you'll get a set cheap. I've also seen them come up on other sites occasionally. I got my set at Goodwill months before I got my machine at Value Village. My machine had a cam in it and I knew it looked familiar so I dug through my cr...er, stuff until I found them. Actually, if you PM me with your address I'll send you my one extra so you can be sure this is the right set.
As for machine settings, your machine is different than mine just enough that I can't give you exact instructions but what I do is set the needle in center position, set stitch length to fine or satin stitch, then play with width setting until it stitches out the design how it should look. Just pop the cam onto the post, do your adjustments, and sew.

Cari