Old 08-19-2015, 07:49 PM
DonnaC

Default Whew! My scrap-cutting is finished - for now at least!

Last weekend, I undertook a marathon of scrap-cutting! My scraps were in three different plastic containers, all thrown in there haphazardly. A while back I had cut a bunch of strips and squares, loosely based on the methods in the book "Cut the Scraps" by Joan Ford. So I was determined to cut up ALL of my randomly-sized and -shaped scraps into a more organized posse!

What I do is take each scrap and cut the largest possible square, and then work my way down. I start with 10" squares, then if I don't have quite enough for a 10", I'll cut a 9.5", and so on. All the way down to the smallest scraps, out of which I cut 2" squares. Like those Moda Candy squares I love to use, only scrappy!

My AccuQuilt Go was a huge help in doing all this. I had to hand-cut the larger sizes using my Stripology Ruler from Creative Grids, but anything 6.5" or below was cut with the AccuQuilt.

Now I have everything organized in my Sterilite plastic containers by size, all ready to be used for something awesome. Here's a picture of some of the collection before I put it away. You can't tell from the photo but some of these stacks are pretty high!! This was a huge project that I'm glad to have finished but it sure is fun to look at all of these neat bits and pieces.
Attached Thumbnails scraps.jpg