View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 04:41 PM
Bree123

I would be mad if she is #3. I would be okay with #2. I would prefer #1 (I love the off-beat & really, even if I made a boo-boo, I'm not sure I'd pull my entire quilt top apart to "fix" it).

But that's my opinion as someone who hasn't used a LA'er yet. I guess if I used one on a regular basis, I would hope she would get to know my work.

Either way, I'd be nervous to yell at a LA'er I planned to use again. As it is, I got upset with an EXTREMELY rude embroiderer who messed up a clearly labeled job (I even labeled the fabric itself with what I wanted) & then tried to put the blame on me ... and after I've sent him several customers over the past year. Now I'm scared to go pick-up the re-do. Who knows what it will look like?!

Now, wavy borders or bulges or something that cannot be quilted out, I would expect the LA'er to bring up when I brought the quilt to her. If for some reason she didn't, I would want an apology & a call letting me know that these issues would affect the final results of the quilting & did I still want her to go ahead and quilt it, doing the best she could to highlight my work with her quilting.

Last edited by Bree123; 08-31-2015 at 04:45 PM.