View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 10:33 AM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I don't dilute my glue with water and I don't spray it on. We've had some recent discussions on this if you want to put glue basting or elmers, or some combination into the search function. Most of us use it to replace pin basting which means we drizzle it on in a grid pattern about the same distance apart that pins would go. I've done over 10 quilts this way and have never had a gummed or broken needle and the sewing machines don't have a problem, at least in my experience. You do have to let the glue dry. If there is a glob from the drizzling, as I am doing it, while it is wet, I just smush it with my finger and move on. There are several of us who have wrist, hand, carpal tunnel, etc. issues and they dilute and either paint on or spray on. that is always a possibility. The rest of us just drizzle from the bottle. Let us know how it works for you!!
If you put your Elmer's school glue in a condiment bottle like they sell for picnic use, the glue flows better, and it is much easier on your hands since you don't need to squeeze it so hard. I use one that has its own cap so it will not dry out, and buy my glue by the gallon online to refill it.