View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 04:47 AM
LooksLater

Default Hello Quilters! Another from Texas.

Hi there, Quilters!
I'm from Spring, Tx- just outside of Houston. I have just started quilting again, after a loooong break- maybe 10 years?- though I was never more than a beginner. A dear friend in my yoga class gifted me with a Singer 221 Featherweight, which I am in absolute adoration of...her name is Betty now, and she is so gorgeous! (I'm not the only one that names my machine, right?!) I took a couple of weeks to clean her up, fix a tension issue and now she's in great shape. I dug out my stash and my pattern-hoarding box, and am almost halfway through my first new project, a couch-size quilt in yellows and rust. Trying to keep it simple and remember how all this works! ((:

I was so glad to find this forum, and all you lovely people! Last time I was a quilter, I didn't have much internet access, so I have a feeling it's going to be a whole new ballgame in a lot of ways. Haha.

I have 2 kids who are somehow becoming teenagers, the hubby, 3 cats and lots of fishtanks. I also love to read, knit, and make jewelry, and truly love yoga. (So many hobbies, so little time!)

Anyhoo, nice to meet you all and look forward to learning and being inspired here! I'll try to get some pics up later.