View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 04:12 PM
MFord

Default Need manual for Kenmore 117.740!

Hi, friends! I showed you this blue beauty before:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]530295[/ATTACH]

I have been working on cleaning her up and she's sewing but with a poor stitch - looks like the upper tension is too loose or the bobbin tension too tight. So yesterday I unscrewed the bobbin case screw a bit, then a bit more...now it's apart! And I can't get that little screw back into it's hole for anything!

I ordered what I thought was the correct manual (paid good money for it!), but I can't remember who I got it from, and it isn't the right one. So, I was wondering if someone else has it and might at least be able to send me the pages that show how to thread the machine (the upper tension is weird!) and the bobbin, and anything that shows the parts of the machine. Please?!

It runs slowly - the set screw on the motor pulley wants to keep coming out. It was also incredibly filthy. If I can ever find my Tri-Flow again I thought I'd keep oiling it periodically and wipe off the crud. I got a pillow's worth of lint out of it. I also took the whole bobbin assembly apart, took lots of pictures, but I'm not sure I got it back in properly.

Such a pretty machine, and made in Germany by Gritzner-Kayser for White, who sold it to Kenmore. Built in 1956, which is the year I was born.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails blue-kenmore-front.jpg