View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:09 PM
GrannyFitz4

I have been on several retreats. My daughter comes from CA to join me. Our favorite is in Polsbo WA. It is held in an old house that has been re-modled to suit quilters. The work area is well lighted with comfortable chairs and adequate individual work area. It is a short driving distance from the town of Polsbo WA. with a quilt shop and several restaurants. I am disabled and my friend and I use a bedroom off the work area. Where there is a bathroom.
We cook our own meals and there is a well-stocked kitchen. My suggestion for a retreat facility.
Well lighted work area and comfortable chairs.
Handicapped friendly with a room and bathroom on the same floor as the sewing area.
I like a kitchen that is adequately stocked with pots and pans. I have been on a retreat that was catered. The food was great, but of course it is more expensive.. Cheaper and more flexible to prepare our own meals for the group. That is what my daughter and I like best.
Polsbo had it all. They could not have more than 10 to 12 quilters. and we liked the smaller group. If anyone is interested I would talk more about quilt retreat facilities