View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Kwiltr

Originally Posted by costumegirl View Post
You have made an outstanding quilt. The use of the red maple leaf applique and red maple leaf quilting in your design makes it truly creative! The flag pops on the black and white background with the red accents - Definitely a prize winner! You must have hunted around awhile for the manly black and white fabric - Where did you find so many good ones?
Thank you everyone, for your kind words! To answer the question of where I was able to obtain the many b/w fabrics, most of them came from Fabric Depot in Portland, OR when we were visiting there last fall, as did the Reds, of which there are four. I did have a few on hand from fat quarters I'd been collecting with a view to making my own red/black/white quilt someday that I found were suitable and found a few others on the Internet. The Fabric Depot store has a HUGE collection of just about anything you're looking for in quilting fabric and we often travel there in the fall for fishing for my husband and quilting show and shopping for me , as they put on a 30% off sale during the quilt show...BONUS!!! It was fun to hunt down the fabrics and I had no idea I'd find so many "appropriate" ones!