Old 09-22-2015, 06:27 AM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by Debd View Post
Where do you take your Featherweight?
I made a post back in June of 2011 about my wife taking her Featherweight Sewing Machine to Quilt Classes strapped onto the back of her motorcycle, but the thread quickly turned into a “Helmet-No Helmet” argument. I don’t see any Life Jackets in your photo, so I hope you don’t get blasted like I did. We parked our motorcycles last year and don’t ride them any longer. They need major repairs. We turned them into “yard ornaments” until we decide what to do with them.

In the mean time, my wife takes her electric Featherweight with her on most vacation trips in the car or truck, especially if there’s a wedding taking place at the destination. She used it the motel room this summer when we took a 4-day leisurely drive through central Texas (no weddings). I take my non-electric Featherweight with me when we go to Quilt Shows as a vendor, and piece quilt blocks with it to pass the time while she manages the booth. I had my Featherweight with me on the Texas trip, but never got around to using it. I had too much fun with the remote control going through the channels on the cable TVs (we haven’t had cable or satellite TV for years).

CD in Oklahoma