View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 04:41 PM
sewbeadit

I got my thread order with the thread that MaryT told me to get today and sat down at my 237. I knew it was sewing fine with quilt thread, then put one of the ones I had tried before with a tightened tension and that didn't work. So I put in the new thread the 70 tex I just got, and it sews like a champ. I do have an 18 needle in there, universal because that is all I have that big, and I tightened up the tension on the top much more than I had and it is sewing very nicely now. Well I am excited about that, took about 2 minutes to make my first sand bag, with no problems what so ever, so this will be a fast and easy project and can get it done with no worries now as long as the 237 keeps going. It has no problems sewing over thickness, which this isn't very thick anyway, but I do think it was the other thread. It looked the same size to my eye, but apparently something is different I can't see, or the new stuff isn't as stiff and goes around the bobbin much better. I am happy with the little 237 now that it is going. I wouldn't call this a heavy duty job for a home sewing machine, it isn't having a problem what so ever, apparently it was me! Thanks all for your help on this, I am so relieved.

Last edited by sewbeadit; 09-23-2015 at 04:43 PM.