Old 10-05-2015, 03:02 PM
SteveH
Banned

One of the things a lot of folks are surprised about is the size of the early machines. This machine is small, but not necessarily "really" small in context. The bed size is not too different from my Howe Model A

My initial review shows that nothing seem to be missing or broken. If I added a drive wheel and a needle with set screw, I could probably get it sewing pretty quick.

Mike and Mary (mostly Mike) could not wait for me to get to the TOGA, so they unwrapped the head just to get a look at it.. hehe you really secured the heck out of that, thank you again!!!!

The real issue with a machine as rare as this is, do I clean it or not. Even the gentle "sympathetic" cleaning I try to do, may not necessarily be the best plan for it's preservation. I will look closer tonight, but the small amount of rust/corrosion can be easily removed so it does not get worse, but areas that were painted over, may be better to just leave as is..

Carter Bays lists this as (R/7) (Rare, 7 out of 10 for value) the belief is that there are about 2 or 3 dozen of these left in existence....