View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 04:34 PM
ruby2shoes

Default Didn't think to check........

Well don't get me wrong...I love Bernice my Bernina 710...she's the machine I had wanted for ages but thought I would never be able to afford. Since buying her (secondhand but only 18 months old) she has been my pride and joy, has sailed through 2 years of use with only needing a service each year with no problems EXCEPT.....oh dear...you see she has this thing she does....she "whirrs"!

Now, when trying Bernice, and other machines "out" I was trying them in rooms or shops with background noise and overrall, all the machines I tried ran quietly, smoothly etc. And Bernice does...BUT when I am sewing with no radio, T.V, music or chatter I can hear her computer whirring away inside her...a quiet, low key, consistent busy little whirr/buzz. It drives me nuts! I wouldn't swap her for the world so I am destined to always sew with some music or radio on which is a bit of a pity as I do like "quiet"! I guess it's like discovering your DH snores...you love him BUT......

I had heard that the 7 series Berninas were very thirsty with their oil and wondered for a time if I wasn't oiling her enough but the tech says only a couple of drops in the port every so often and I fear that I may drown her if I experiment by giving her too much oil. Any 7 series owners out there that can enlighten me? I have tried the Bernina 7 series yahoo group but there are a million different opinions on oiling these machines...very confusing.

Has anyone else brought their new machine home and discovered something they hadn't thought about?

Last edited by ruby2shoes; 10-06-2015 at 04:46 PM.