Thread: PC Quilter
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 04:55 AM
QuiltnNan
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Cyn, I had the older PCQ when it 1st came out and yes, customer service was terrible. Since then I do know the owner/creator of the PCQ has since died so have no idea who is running the business now. Ellen Munnich worked with them back then too and since has moved on. She is now working with Peter who developed the ProQ Designer program used for the PCQ but under a similar name. It too has upgraded. I went from the PCQ which I had a terrible time with to the retrofitted PCQ/MQR which I loved much better. I heard some folks never had a problem with their PCQ, others had nothing but troubles such as me. I've since switched my retrofitted PCQ/MQR to the full blown MQR. But my retrofit worked well with my stretched Juki 98Q I had before this last upgrade.

Check out the MQR at http://machinequiltingrobot.com/MQR_Longarm.htm
You can also call them or email them and they will contact you and answer any questions you might have. When I switched over to their retrofit model I never looked back.
My experiences and set up were the same as Suz's. I sold my entire set up before moving from MN. I did like the quilting that i got from the 'robot'.