View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Mickey2

If it cost $1000 I would have to think about it, I might still have done it. A new Bernina 1008 is about that price, and I suppose it's one of the very few equivalent machine in production these days? I don't think the 1008 has any electronic features, the Pfaff 1222 has and was the technical marvel at the time it was introduced. At $300 it's still worth it, but I would initially not expect more than $150 to get a machine fully serviced and fixed. I would ask why they estimate such a high cost, and if it was due to cost of parts and time searching for them I think I would have taken it upon my self to hunt them down. In my experience, parts turn up sooner or later, at very varying prices. I think the 1222 was produced in the late 60s to early 70s, of the first with electronic features. I suspect this is why it can get expensive, new electronic boards and parts can be ridiculoulsly costly, and the main reason why I have shunned away from these models. I can't fix it my self and replacement parts can be hard to find.