View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 07:56 PM
maryellen2u

Originally Posted by QuiltingFlamingo Greetings ☺️
May I ask ..... What Machines are the Best for the $$ ??
I am shopping now for an Embroiderey Machine.
I want to use it for quilts, plus lots of fun things!
Ive never had one 
Thank you!!
I agree! Do all your research which you are doing right now anyway. I've had a Pfaff which I loved until they updated their programs and my machine would no longer talk to their program. I felt betrayed by their "planned obsolescence". I bought a Brother which I am NOT happy with. It is huge and heavy. I like the hoops but I had those with the Pfaff. Do NOT buy anything that only does 4x4 even if it is cheaper. The owner's (operator's) manual for the Brother is a nightmare to use. It is so confusing and I am not a dummy! I am having lots of trouble finding an instructor to help me do things that was just regular on the Pfaff. I tried out the Bernina and loved it however it is expensive and the feet are outrageously priced. They do run interest free programs occasionally. Be sure and choose a machine that has classes and support convenient for YOU. Check out the manual. I do enjoy embroidery because you get quicker results than with quilting. The Brother machine (Innovis dream creator) is just not intuitive and easy to use. It is heavy and bulky and seems limited in what it can do. I wish you luck and hope you find your dream machine!<strike></strike>

Last edited by maryellen2u; 10-14-2015 at 07:58 PM.