View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 07:20 AM
EmiliasNana

From Sewnoma: I cut narrow selvedges (3/4" or so) off and keep those in a jar marked "ribbons" - I use them for all sorts of things around the house - the prettiest ones get set aside to be used when wrapping handmade gifts; I have a bowmaker template thing I can wrap them around, put in a stitch or two to secure and pop it off to make a selvedge bow that I think looks neat. They're also great for tying plants to stakes out in the garden. DH uses them to tie up cords and hoses and things in the garage. I've used them for things like tying around tupperware to make sure the lid won't pop off during travel. All sorts of uses!
Great idea Sewnoma. I usually cut my selvages 1" and had a whole bag FULL so decided on my last retreat to sort by color (as close as possible) and sew on paper foundation sheets from MSQC (10" sqs). So far so good (I have 15) and I think I will have enough for a picnic quilt or throw. Love your ideas though, so will use that for my leftovers, before I start again. Especially like the tip about making a ribbon. Would love to see a picture.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]533525[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf4786.jpg