View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 08:11 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I throw the shreds away, but I can use pieces that are 1" wide. Before I moved, I gave the shreds to my guild for what they called "bale". I'm not sure how it was used, but at least it didn't go in a land fill. I keep my scraps (meaning anything smaller than a FQ) sorted by color and/or type of design (batik, children's, etc.) in clear plastic shoe boxes. I have mostly made log cabin quilts with them. I value them as much as my yardage, and I do use them.
i sort my scraps the same way. easy to find what i need when looking for just the right scrap for projects. my shreds tho now get saved. they make great kitty toys tied into a bundle and attatched to a strip of selvedge. i also lay them flat and zigzag back & forth over them to use as embelishments on cutsey projects. ie .. bundle of scraps became the magpie nest on the top of the chimney on a block i designed last year. birdhouse condo, titled "those new people upstairs!". the recipient loved it and my humor. i'd load a pic, but even tho i follow the tips for using ipad, my pics are waaaayyy over large.