View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 08:08 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I meant to say the large tables were for cutting. They used scissors like at the big box stores.
Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
First I am so sorry for your loss and please extend my condolences. I went to an estate sale just for quilters. They set up a couple(2) large 6' tables on bed risers (easier on the back). TAped a tape measure to it and had couple of quilting friends at each table. They had notions and couple sewing machines that family didn't want. The manuals accompanied the sewing machines along with the attachments. No one haggled the prices of the machines. Scraps were sold in 2, 4, and 6'' etc. If there was a 3" piece it sold for 2"$. There were some flimsies that sold also. Unopened packages of batting. It started at 700a.m. and I could barely find a spot to park at 630 a.m. Luckily this was on the edge of town so no hassles of parking in neighbors drives. Not one irate person there. Fabric was separated into holidays which was really nice. They had solids. Nothing but quilting items. The next week they sold the rest of the estate. I spent $35.00. any spent hundreds. One gal bought 2 machines both rocketeers. Had manuals. $100.00 each with attachments also.