Old 11-10-2015, 07:06 AM
cabbagepatchkid

Perfect timing for this thread! I have spent several weeks trying to figure out the problem with the tensioner of a pretty little Riccar model 15.

The owner of the machine (she's 99 years old!) said that the tensioner fell out of the machine and when she tried to put it back together it just wouldn't work right.

I could get it working, stitch wise, but if I tried to adjust the knob, at all, the whole thing fell apart!

I had another 15 clone, that I haven't worked on yet so I took that tensioner apart to compare with the Riccar. It seems that a little piece was missing...maybe it was lost when it fell out and the owner didn't see it because it's tiny.

I scoured the internet but could find no help on reassembling a clone/15 tensioner.

I gave in and ordered a replacement tensioner. Hopefully that works because the owner would love to get her machine back.

I'm going to try to post a picture (not sure if I can do it from my iPhone) showing the little piece that I think went missing. I've never seen that particular part on any other machine that I've worked on.

Anyway, I'm glad to read about other people's experiences with the clone machines.

Well, I guess I can't add a pic from my phone but will see if I can get it into my computer.