Old 11-16-2015, 08:02 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

You are such a tease... showing us only the back!

Your little tuxedo kitty looks like a real 'lover'.

Originally Posted by AllyStitches View Post
I just had to share! I'm so excited that this quilt is almost done! I've been working on it for 5-6 years. The longest UFO that I've ever had hanging over my head. I don't even have a good excuse as to why it took so long, except to say that for some strange reason, it really didn't inspire me. I started it for my niece when my sister in law was pregnant. My niece is now in kindergarten, and since then, my SIL and BIL had a second daughter - which didn't help things, because then I felt like I had to make two quilts! My SIL told me a while back that they would be happy to share this one.

We had a great deal of discussion over fabric and other things, way back when I started. It was a fun process, but I just never really felt into it. We had a lot going on in our family at the time, and I was working a lot (still am...) but I don't really know what happened. I had finished several other large quilts prior to this, and maybe I was just burned out.

In any case, it's finally off the rack and I'm about half way done with the binding. This is, of course, my fur babies' favorite part of quilting. You can't see doggie underneath snoring away, but here's Behbeh all cuddled up.

Also, I just have to share - I used to have a One-Project-Rule. I tend to get overwhelmed and feel scattered when I have multiple projects going, which causes me to shut down (could also be another reason this one took so long to finish...) and I'm about 3 UFO's away from being able to institute my rule again. I'm relieved and excited that I'm getting caught up!

Anyway, I'll post pics of this when it's finished. :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535825[/ATTACH]