Old 11-25-2015, 08:07 AM
OurWorkbench

Default Some more progress 11/25/15

Originally Posted by SewMachines View Post
Looking wonderful! I love seeing the photos of the progress, thanks for sharing!

Suzanne
I'm glad you enjoy seeing progress. I do, too.

I needed some more alcohol swabs and two Dollar Trees that I went to didn't have them. Went to K-mart and didn't see any with the bottles of alcohol, so went to the pharmacist and asked. He said they are kept with diabetic supplies. I ended up with a different brand and they are like 1 inch felt squares rather then the ones that I had before, which was a strip that was folded in fourths.

I was messing with machine and twisted the pressure regulator. I noticed some bright metal screw threads so decided to take it all the way out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536494[/ATTACH]

then I went to cleaning it -- this is a picture of what I used.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536495[/ATTACH]

and here it is after

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536497[/ATTACH]

I went to put it back in and decided that there was crud down in there so I pulled the spring out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536498[/ATTACH]

what I used to clean it with -- blue is strip of scouring pads sheet that I cut off to make it narrower and easier to work with on things like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536500[/ATTACH]

and here it is after running the pad up and down the spring several times -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536501[/ATTACH]

I ran a 'real' pipe cleaner down the inside where the spring had been. It seemed rather dry. I think I will get the vacuum out to vacuum some of the stuff I may have loosened and didn't stick to pipe cleaner. Perhaps some of the pipe cleaner lint may have come off and hopefully I can vacuum that out, too.

I still haven't been able to get the needle out.

I just keep plugging along - getting dried oil off the bottom. I was able to start to unscrew the shuttle carrier screws, but just enough to see that I could probably get them out. I'm not quite ready to take it off. I think that I may need to take it out of the work stand to do some things as far as cleaning, but I want to do all I can while it is in the stand. It sure is nice to be able to rotate it to work on different spots and at different angles.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails press-regb4-391.jpg   press-reg-cleanstuff400.jpg   press-regaft408.jpg   presser-spring-b4_418.jpg   press-spg-clean_421.jpg  

press-spg-aft_425.jpg