Old 11-29-2015, 04:53 AM
OurWorkbench

Thank you Jon & Dianne. I was initially thinking that the notched top would be too long of a needle and the scarf would be in the wrong position. Then I realized that this machine probably predates the standard of putting a needle stop at the correct height. I haven't had any experience with setting a round needle - just read about it.

Something that I noticed while cleaning the bottom was that there is a hole directly under the hole in the needle plate. Initially I thought it was an oil hole, but upon further examination trying to figure out what it oiled found that it went all the way through. I can see that it would need to go all the way through in order for the scarf to be in a position to catch the bobbin thread and not break the needle.

WOW this is fun - frustrating at times, too. Based on the measurements and the link that Jon pointed to it looks like maybe the 34:22, MY1014, SY7256, SMx1014, SM1014 needles might work. A quick look last night I couldn't find those nor what machines they would fit.

Thank you Dianne for the offer. I'm not quite ready for actually installing a needle.

I still think there is a roller in the cam that isn't rolling. It kind of catches.
The needle plate needs to come off and cleaned. It evidently needs some more "stewing" time.
Then there are the feed dogs that need to be cleaned.
Slowly but surely.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.