Old 11-29-2015, 02:33 PM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I just buy the 90% rubbing alcohol in the bottle for cleaning parts. Small removable parts sometimes just go in a jar filled with it to soak before I start scrubbing. It might be a cheaper way to go than buying the alcohol wipes though they do sound handy.
Looks like it's cleaning up nicely.
Rodney
I thought about using rubbing alcohol from the bottle, but then I didn't want to drip or spill it some place it didn't belong. The swabs are handy - especially the two ply ones that can spread out and wrap around the bars on the bottom. Maybe if I could get the small parts off or be willing to take larger pieces off I would use it from the bottle. I'm not really comfortable with dismantling this machine even if I could get the screws out. It is time consuming, but am enjoying seeing it clean up. I was thinking I wasn't making much progress, but then looked at some of the pictures before I got started... AND getting that needle out was a "biggie" for me. My next hurdle will be the needle plate screw.

Oh, after I got the needle out, I was able to put some kerosene on a dental brush. I took a little more of the handle off so that it would reach up farther.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.