Old 12-26-2015, 08:58 PM
karinlee74

Default Need advice on a good cheaper quilting machine

Ok I am new to quilting. I have a Babylock tempo basic machine. I am looking for a good but yet inexpensive machine for quilting. Preferably one that helps guide me and one that could do a twin to queen (I think that means a larger harp right?) I dont know.

I have been looking online at the following: singer 9960 quantum stylist 600 stitch and Brother hc 1850. I was thinking that one of these computerized machines would be easier. I also would like one that helps me with the steering if that even makes sense. Remember I am new.

I was given a $150 amazon gift card which is the reason why I mentioned the two above. They were on amazon. I know of some more that arent on amazon but in order to use the gift certificate, amazon is what I have.

Please Help. I can spend more money than the $150, perhaps up to $300 but cant spend a lot more than that because my husband just bought a car and our kids our in music lessons.

I was hoping for advice or if someone happens to find something on amazon that would work for me. I would appreciate all the help I can get.

I currently am making corded quilted baskets and have to rent the machine and stay at a quilt shop because the babylock doesn't go high enough for the cording to thread over the cord. So, that has been another problem.

Thank you so much