View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 08:04 PM
quiltingshorttimer

I have 2 cutting machines--very different and I knew that before purchasing. The first was a Shilouette Cameo--which works great on card stock, vinyl and FUSED fabric for appliques. I bought it for the flexibility and the appliques cause I just don't like cutting appliques and figured I'd do more fused and machine sewn than hand turned. I use it, but since I make more pieced quilts, not nearly as much as I'd like to claim. For Christmas I received a Go BIG (the electric one) and LOVE IT!! Have just used for a few things--came with dies for flying geese and I took advantage of their recent sale and purchased the strip piece bundle since I figured I'd use that a lot. So far I've cut scraps into strips and then subcut into squares. It take NO time to do and so simple I'm feeling a little guilty--NOT. If I were to recommend just one cutter it would be the GO. Sorry I can't help you with the book--would think that the patterns would work if the die cutter you purchase as similar dies--but do check out Accuquilt's website cause they do have a sale that continues through Dec. 31. Still time!