View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 11:27 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I am still making baby quilts, in fact, I need to make 2 for a set of boy/girl twins to be born in March, unless they come early. I make them about 45" x 65", which is probably bigger than a crib, haven't seen one for a while, as my DGD is 5 years old now; but I find that size is great to put the baby down on the floor, wrap them up in it, etc., etc. We may not be having any more grandchildren, and I love to quilt, so I think I'll be making baby quilts and giving them away for some time. Besides the quilts for the twins, I have one top ready to quilt for my DIL's brother and wife, plus another one for a special friend's daughter who just had a little girl in Sept. I'm so glad I'm out of rehab now after taking some spectacular falls in Aug. and early Oct., plus shoulder replacement in May; that I'm ready to get my sewing machine busy for some time. There's still the Boston Commons quilt I want to make for me, someday, oh well, my quilts are at the bottom of the Roundtoit List. I'd say go for it and make that baby a quilt to remember you by.