View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 11:29 AM
cindyb

Default Help - Necchi Supernova

I posted this request before but I think I may have it in the wrong place as I didn't get any responses. Any help would be most appreciated - granddaughter is anxious to start on a string quilt.

Rescued a Necchi Supernova from a thrift store for my 8 year old granddaughter. She's been sewing with me for about a year and wanted a machine of her own. This machine seemed very sturdy and machine looked good although the sewing table has seen its wear. Anyway, I oiled every little nook and cranny, she sewed about 4 jelly roll strips - then the needle would not move, and the motor sounded like it was in bobbin mode. My son came home, we got into the insides (which we were very impressed as there was no plastic) and tried checking everything out. We found the small silver knob that is attached to the hand wheel was frozen and would not move. So after a lot of oiling and movement it broke loose. We found one of the attaching screws had the tip broken off. When putting it back on, it seems to work but the motor is really stressing and still will not operate the needle going up and down. I have 2 manuals which are for Necchi but not this model so they have not been of any help to us. They have a Copywright Dec 1951, 2nd rersion Aug 1952. Serial #35-09841 5. Any help out here???? We WERE so excited.
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post
Yesterday, 01:24 PM