View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 11:36 PM
greywuuf

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post

I had a similar sort of year too. I branched out a little, spent less time tinkering, more time quilting, started learning some woodwork. I think it's pretty normal for things to ebb and flow. I do wonder what made you want to restore semis. The blacksmithing sounds really cool though. Did they give you an idea of what they were looking for about the sewing course or is it wide open? (the hardest way to do it)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539211[/ATTACH]

how could I NOT want that.. two stoke diesel and 10 drive wheels.... think i will make it into a motor home.

As far as the class, I will be gearing towards complete newbies, and will concentrate on simple "outdoor" gear, with an eye towards doing canvas and cordura with a home machine, and how to adjust and choose a suitable machine. I have a Mill surplus ruck sack that I really like and we will be duplicating that... super simple canvas bag with draw strings.... but i get to do felled seams and seam tape.... this is kinda for the "granola" people at the university that want a custom bag for their mountain bike... or booties for their sled dogs hope it works out ok.
Attached Thumbnails 21501017134_1a9d1f2b91_c.jpg