View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Watson

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Singers usually don't have a good repetition but I wish you good luck with this one. When you start to quilt, be sure to have support for the quilt on your left side so you don't struggle with the weight of the quilt.
It's actually a Janome 6500P, made for Singer. I did a lot of investigation beforehand and it really is the same machine, only the written stitching index board is different.

I bought the Singer because between the two dealers in town, the other dealer has a not great rep and I've always had great service from the Singer dealer, even though I've never owned Singer before. He really took the time this morning to go over it with me and to be sure I was comfortable with it before sending me off. Hopefully, I made the right choice.

So far, I've made one block (woohoo!) and it's so much easier with the needle down, thread cutter and 1/4" foot!
And the speed control is great for my FMQ...I sometimes get a little heavy on the pedal and my stitches get too small. This is great!

It came with the knee lifter but I'l need a different table to be able to use it.

Watson

Last edited by Watson; 01-05-2016 at 01:52 PM.