Thread: Quilting Budget
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 03:28 PM
the King's kid

Living on a fixed income requires being frugal with my finances. I do not have a quilting budget. However, I save money monthly. I have learned there are better ways of purchasing fabric ... not new, but slightly used. Find yourself a good resale store that sells bed sheets and/or bed spreads. They also have clothing garments (dresses, robes, shirts, etc) that can be cut and used for quilting. When I go to the resale stores I have usually $20 cash in my pocket, maybe $30; sometimes less than $15. I've found many bargains for $5. I keep these sheets in a clear plastic tub in my sewing room with a variety of colors and designs on hand. I make a quilt using the fabric I have on hand. Slightly used fabric is much easier to work with since it has had several washings by precious owners. You can find cotton sheets, polyester and/or blends. Many of my backings are made from bed sheets. Save your money and buy resale. (P.S. Surely you can use that stash of money for something else. If tempted, renew your mind with God's Word and temptation will leave out of the window, following the flying geese heading south for the winter season.)

Last edited by the King's kid; 01-07-2016 at 03:32 PM.