View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 06:45 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by Jcarpentier View Post
I am almost done the last book in the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel. They are really good books if you can look past the sex scenes. I tend to skim or skip those. I am about to start The Game of Thrones series but am wondering about the wisdom in that because the series is not done yet...Happy reading!
If the sex scenes in the Earth's Children series bother you, you might not like Game of Thrones...it has some pretty rough scenes. It's an amazing set of books (I've read them all twice and am also a fan on the HBO show) but some of it is really dark and can be a little disturbing.

I just finished reading The Martian - the book that the movie is based on. It was a GREAT book, I enjoyed it thoroughly. I liked all the science in it, and the main character's sense of humor is just like mine - I literally laughed out loud several times while reading that book, and that's rare. I haven't seen the movie yet, I hope they didn't wreck the story. It's supposed to stay very close to the book, so I'm hopeful. I don't usually like watching movies (I haven't been to a theater in at least 6 years) but I'm looking forward to this one coming out on DVD.