Thread: Pfaff 1222 Q
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 08:49 AM
slowquilts

Default 1222 is the BEST

Originally Posted by AllThingsCollectible View Post
Hi all
New to sewing & just bought a used Pfaff 1222. Was hoping to have some help with an issue I'm having with it. Got it all threaded & started to sewing but the needle won't move up & down. You can hear the motor but no sewing happening. I tried to turn the wheel but it won't budge. I'm hoping I'm just missing an obvious step, any thoughts on what I could try? Thanks so much.

It's the Best machine EVER!!! It sounds like the little black rectangular button up where you put the bobbin when winding it needs to be pulled toward you. If, for some reason that doesn't work, definitely a service. But, the machine won't run if that button is pushed in toward where the bobbin rests while winding. LOVE THIS MACHINE. I Want ANOTHER, just in case this one ever dies. My mom got it when I was a girl and almost traded it in. The man wouldn't let her telling her it was too good of a machine, they don't make them like that anymore. I tried a Viking Quilt 750. It sits in its case. I need to sell it. I love the Pfaff too much. Good luck, hope it's just that button.