Thread: Pfaff 1222 Q
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 04:49 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by AllThingsCollectible View Post
Thank you. I have the original Instruction booklet that came with it (68 pages) I'm wondering if there's a way to get the actual repair manual as the info is limited in the booklet.
Welcome to the board.

It is good that you have the original manual. I have found some the scanned manuals for Pfaff and others are not the greatest. As Steihy said in post http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ml#post7435168

"... quote from 120 yo White VS lll manual:
Any unskilled person attempting to adjust or repair any machine will often do greater injury than years of ordinary wear could produce."

I found that sometimes it helps just to unthread everything and start over according to instructions will sometimes self correct problems. Make sure it is threaded correctly, the bobbin is unwinding in the correct direction and has gone under the spring as indicated as "C" in the bottom of this image.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]540287[/ATTACH]
This is from a different manual and appears that the instructions for the 1222 have you hold bobbin case held in other hand but this is for a machine that uses the same bobbin case.
Pull both threads to the back and as Cari said hold on to them after lowering the presser foot and beginning to sew.

It is commonly held that for the most part (particularly when new to sewing) that when one should need to change the tension that it should be done in small increments and generally only the top thread tension. I have found this to be true.

Good luck in your adventures with this machine. It looks like it has many neat features.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails pfaffbobbin.jpg