View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 02:49 PM
WIChix

WOOHOO! She sews again! Sat down this afternoon to try again...same thing. She literally pulls the tails out of my hand. After sitting, she does get stiff in the tension, so re-threaded the top. Took out the needle, checked flat side and re-inserted. Same thing. Thinking about what IrishRose said, took another look at the bobbin case. Pulled it out, checked for direction of wind. Re-inserted...fussy, hard to seat. (I had oiled that bobbin race bearing & had been moving that hook around.) Shouldn't be that way. Rotated that hook to where, oh yeah, it's supposed to be. Inserted the bobbin/case (easy!) Grabbed the fabric & away she goes. Easy on the tails, catching the corners just right (I am chain piecing). SO happy, she sews like a dream again. (She does communicate, I just have a hard time understanding). Thank you so much for everyone's help! Everyone here is so helpful, kind, & patient. I am fortunate to know you all.

I am working on a queen size quilt for DS's 25th birthday...in March...of this year. I wanted to piece it on the 301, and these are the first seams I've been able to sew. I am far behind, but I may be able to get the top done in time.

Feeling lucky...might have to tackle that serger I was going to murder a few months ago!