View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 02:03 PM
Janice McC

Toot! Toot! Great Job, Anoka Quilter. Both are long term UFOs so they are extra special. I especially like your Halloween night! Congratulations!

Let's hear it for AQ!
Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
I also finished a small Wall Handing on Monday, January 18th.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]540690[/ATTACH]
Halloween Night – Fons and Porter Love of Quilting Sept/Oct 2005 This project has many first. This is the first applique piece I ever did and is also the very first FMQ piece I ever did. My MIL and I went on this yearly retreat at Camp TaPaWingo in Mishicot, WI that was sponsored by the Lake Shore Quilters quilt guild. When I received my Sept/Oct 2005 issue of Fons and Porter I immediately fell in love with Halloween Night. I was already registered for the quilting retreat and asked my MIL to help me learn applique and made the main body of this piece that weekend. It sat dormant till April of 2014 when I decided to use the piece to practice FMQ of a stipple pattern on the Handi Quilter. I had never done any type of FMQ and just bought the Handi Quilter in December of 2013 and had a client quilt that I had no option but to hand FMQ the stipple. Once again this cute little piece sat dormant till I finished the binding. But now it is done, and I will proudly display my piece of firsts.