View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 09:15 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
whenever i ask for anything on craigslist i get offers from so far away that it isn't worth the gas for the small amount being offered. with the price of gas, i can buy scraps at the next yard sale. and even if you ask for cotton only, you never know what you'll get.

which brings up another point: what do most of you consider 'small'. i think small is less than a 2.5 strip or a 2.5 square, because by the time you delete the seams, i don't want to be bothered. but i know that some of you use i".
Oh I'm one of those crazies!! Friend in my quilt guild told me I needed therapy :lol: . I save as small as 3/4 and 7/8". We had a charity quilt workshop with our guild a couple weeks ago and the gals unanimously decided I get the scraps. I think they are waiting to see what I will come up with.:wink: Am working on some 3 inch shoofly blocks that are just adorable--will post when done. And also took some HST's and made a doll quilt, which I plan to give to one of the lucky workshop workers.

BTW, I sort by size. Those little pieces fit into Nestle Quik containers just beautifully and with 4 grands up the road, we go through lots of Quik in the winter time!
Larger sorted widths go into $ store dishpans-helpful to label the container with the widths, too.