View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 06:05 PM
ragamuffin

I am wondering if you have something else going on in your life and you are taking it out on your fabric. As you get older, things change in life and that change can rock your life at the moment. Then a few months down the road you will wonder why you did that. I am 73 and I will put my house up for sale soon because I want a bigger sewing room. I think I have worked all my life and now I want what I want. How much time do I have left in this world before the Lord calls me home. What state will I go to? Only God knows. I am going away for a month, maybe Florida, and when I come back I am packing to move. Maybe things will happen to show us where to go. But if I don't make the move now I may never get to. I really like most of my fabric. It is good fabric and I bought it for me to do something with.
Quilting is something that makes me happy. I like to look in the closet and see my fabric, say "hello" sometimes just the feel of it makes me smile and wonder what I will make with it. So don't be too hard on yourself, get those suitcases out, fold your fabric, fill the suitcase and slide them under the bed. When you get them out, call them your happy fabric. Who cares if you stack 5 suitcases or trunks in the living room? I won't tell. Maybe a friend will come along who likes to quilt too and you both will have fun going thru your fabric and deciding on what quilt, pillow, or jacket you want to make. Good luck, and listen to music while you are doing this, and get happy. You deserve it!